Monday, August 11, 2008

PS3 Dualshock3 fixes Bluetooth Disconnect issue

A lot of people who purchased the first generation of PS3 systems ran into the issue where the controllers' wireless connections would drop out once or twice an hour. This was a huge source of frustration for me; nothing was more aggravating than playing Super Stardust HD and randomly losing control of your ship, smashing it to bits just short of a high score. However, I recently replaced a couple of my Sixaxis controllers with Dualshock3 units and was pleasantly surprised that the new models don't have the disconnect problem.

I can play PS3 games for hours without the controller ever losing its connection. I live in a large apartment complex with a lot of wireless interference---sometimes my neighbors' phone calls interfere with my wireless internet connection. However, the new Dualshock controllers have been working fine for several months now. I'm very happy with this development, although it's pretty shady that Sony never publicly addressed the hardware flaw present in the Sixaxis controllers.

It's great to be able to play games again without the frustrating disconnects using the new DualShock3. However, my old Sixaxis controllers still drop out from time to time.

1 comment:

P@pi Désiré said...

hello ...

had same issue, fixed by buying a DS3 :)

cheers!